I have always learnt to write down goals I want to see achieved in my notebook. It has become essential for me and has helped me clearly articulate thoughts floating around in my head.
Creating a vision board came a few years ago and infact, I have done the vision board creation in the last 2 years. It is a very reflective process for me, looking through my notes and cutting up images, pictures or words that suit what I need.
Vision boards are personal. They call out what you think and represent what you can see. It is more grand in creation to noting down your goals in a notebook because it does bring life to your thoughts. You can be as imaginative as you can but the key thing is – WHAT CAN YOU SEE?
Let me share some simple understanding on vision creation and how you can write yours for your vision board.
1. Anticipate and think a few years ahead – know what it is and allocate a timeline. A realistic one.
2. There’s no tax on dreams. Dream BIG! – no one is around to ask for tax on your dreams. Dream really crazy because you can achieve them.
3. Watch your vocabulary- faith filled words are good.
4. Simple language please. Don’t confuse yourself.
5. Planning helps; so does resources and a dogged commitment.
6. Enjoy the phases. Humour yourself and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Get on with it. Start with writing your vision with goals down, then go a step further with a board to visually represent them. You will be glad you did.
Follow our social media handles @heirwoman to read more quality content from our team
To your success!