TheNigeriaWeWant is not so far from us but if we keep looking at the wrong places, our vision will only get blurry.
In December 2022, the Nigeria Youth Futures Fund, and LEAP Africa with support from Ford Foundation and MacArthur Foundation Launched a youth-centred grant and HEIR Women Hub was selected as one of the grantees.
This project is titled; LEADERSHIP AND CIVIC KNOWLEDGE ENHANCEMENT FOR YOUNG WOMEN IN THE FCT.
Some of the activities we Completed are;
- Leadership and Civic Advancement Conference. This was held on January 25th, 2023 and we reached 35 young women between the ages of 18-35 who were trained on Mentorship, Nationalism, and other salient topics needed for their advancement.
- Public Enlightenment Rally. This was held on the 27th of January 2023 and we reached out to over 75 young women on the street to let them in on their civic rights and why they should engage in it, especially toward the 2023 general elections.
- Media engagement. We reached over 12,000 people via media engagement through Vanguard Newspaper, Global Sentinel Nigeria, The Stories Nigeria, Africa Prime News, and also through our social media handles.
- Peer-to-peer learning. We also engaged young women in peer-to-peer learning sessions where experience sharing was used as a tool to educate young women on the need to pitch their tent and go for gold.
- Instagram live session. We hosted an Instagram Live session and Ene Oshaba, an editor with Blueprint newspaper was our guest. She maintained an optimistic point of view, assuring young women that the best time to hit the iron is while it is hot and now is the time.
The photo slides show some of the recommendations she gave at the session.
You can also visit our social media pages @heirwoman or our website at www.heir.com.ng for more information about this.
©️ HEIR Women Hub