- Global percentage of young women participation in politics is 22.5%
- African participation of young women in leadership is 23.4%
- Nigeria’s participation of young women in politics is 6.7%
- The world gender gap is 63.9%
- Some causes of the gender gap in female participation in politics include; Sexual Harassment, Gender Discrimination, Lack of Support, Tradition, low self-esteem, and Lack of Economic Resources.
- Some benefits of women’s participation in leadership include; promoting productivity and progress, a decline in GBV cases, and increased GDP.
This is brought to you by HEIR Women Hub and Implemented by the Nigerian Youth Futures Fund and LEAP Africa with support from the MacArthur Foundation and Ford Foundation.