Resilience is the ability of an individual to handle challenges and difficult life moments without accepting defeat. It could also be perceived to be our ability to keep on going on despite the setbacks life throws at us.
Resilience is a skill every young woman should learn and gain mastery of. Those who give up easily are said to lack this skill and often lead aan n unfulfilled life.
The workspace is a mix of the good and challenging moments therefore every woman needs to be exposed to the 7 Cs of resilience so as not to give up confronted with a challenge in our professional and personal advancement journey.
1. Character: As a young woman, people should know you to be a person that trustworthy, accountable, and committed to integrity as this will help you when faced with difficulty at work.
2. Connection: The network of people you have around you will determine the kind and level of help you will receive. Hence, keep the right company and strive to expand your network as they will secure you.
3. Competence: This refers to your talents, skills, abilities, expertise among others. Be open to learning new things, seek to advance your knowledge base. Enroll in an online course to sharpen your skills. This will place you in an advantageous position particularly when an organization is downsizing on its staff.
4. Contribution: Be valuable to your organization and everyone you come across by putting extra effort into the growth and achievement of their objectives. Truly no one is indispensable however, giving your best always sets you apart from the rest and brings you recommendations.
5. Confidence: Trust in your ability and be innovative, this will improve your perception of yourself. Therefore you will remain unshaken in the face of any challenge and overcome it.
6. Control: When entrusted with responsibilities, see it as avenue to learn and always count it as a privilege and should not be wasted.
7. Coping: Mastery the act of being at peace with yourself and learn different means of adapting to and converting difficulties to setting stones to your growth and development. See the good in every situation.
To scale the hurdle of life and workspace, one must gain mastery of the act of resilience as it is our reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself that determines how our life’s story will develop according to Dieter F. Uchtdorf.